09 Oct Overnight Blueberry Oats
Breakfast can be a great start to your day or a source of repeated frustration. Having a healthy breakfast ready to go makes mornings so much more pleasant. Here’s the recipe for my overnight oats. Enjoy!
Overnight Blueberry Oats
- 2 c. whole oats
- 1 ½ c. milk (whole-fat dairy or almond)
- 2 T. chia seeds
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ½ c. water
- 1 c. blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 c. slivered almonds
- In a large sealable container, combine the oats, milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, and water. Stir until the ingredients are well-mixed. Seal the container and refrigerate overnight *Overnight means at least 8 hours. It’s not a coincidence that you need the same amount of time for your beauty rest.
- Remove from the fridge and scoop individual servings into microwavable bowls to heat. Or, take it old school and heat in a pan on low heat on the stove top, then serve into bowls.
- Top with blueberries and slivered almonds.
Milk: Use what you like, but use a real, whole fat version. I made my last batch with kefir, whole milk, and homemade almond milk because it was what I had on hand to get enough milk in. You be you.
If you are using almond milk, do yourself the enormous favor of making it yourself. The stuff that comes in a box is gross. I’ll post a recipe for almond milk soon. You will love me for it.
Frozen blueberries can be stirred in frozen to cool the oatmeal (kids may like this approach) or defrosted in the refrigerator overnight.